No doubt--selling local cable has become an increasingly tough battle for market share. With the success of our medium comes an expectation that sales reps will understand all aspects of how to sell like a true professional.
We all agree that marketers who continue to invest in advertising during an unsteady recovery will come out of it with increased market share. Doesn't the same go for investing in your staff? How will your team emerge from "these uncertain times"? Will you seize this opportunity to steal permanent market share from your competition?
Boost the effectiveness of your staff with the results-oriented training provided by Barry Marketing & Media. Every aspect of your team's training process will focus on giving them the necessary tools to succeed in an increasingly tough and competitive marketplace.
Sessions are fully customized to a context of relevant local market conditions.
The training is presented in a workshop format that is fun and fast-paced. We believe that successful training fully engages the participants. Workshop sessions are entertaining and interactive.
About the Presenter
Kevin Barry has been a leader in the cable advertising industry for over 20 years, and has trained thousands of salespeople. Having been a local cable sales rep, a cable network executive, and a leader within Cable's National Trade Association, he has experienced the industry from all angles.
The workshop is fun, entertaining, and, we hope, memorable. However, its real value starts just after its conclusion. In establishing a framework for realistic goal-setting to be shared with a trusted manager and/or mentor, it's our sincere hope that this will become a springboard for improved performance for rookies and veterans alike.
1. Cable Advertising-Right Place, Right Time. An overview of our medium that leaves no doubt your staff is in an industry with a winning hand.
2. The Psychology of Selling: Building business and confidence in your advertisers in a challenging environment.
3.Cable Programming-Resources and Positioning. Cable audiences are growing as subscribers turn to the superior value of cable entertainment.
4. Competitive Media-Newspapers, Broadcast TV and Radio as well as emerging media. You think YOU have it tough? Boost your business as you eliminate the competition.
5.Ratings 101: Creating Schedules That Work
6.Handling Objections. Eliminate your prospect's fear and indecision while you build a case for boosting his business.
7. Negotiation-You don't get what you deserve-you get what you negotiate. Increase your confidence as a negotiator as you employ 12 key tactics.
8. Prospecting: In a business downturn, every client is up for grabs. It's eat or be eaten. Identify new business, build your phone techniques and eliminate the mistakes that can doom that first call.
9.Becoming a True Consultant to Your Accounts: What most sales reps don't know about marketing and positioning, and how you can use this to separate yourself from the herd.
10. Proposal Writing and Presentation Skills. Incorporate all the work you've done into a powerful summary of sales logic. Boost your ability to project authority and confidence.
11. Closing. 5 steps to building agreement and eliminating indecision with your customer.
12. Reducing Churn. When retail is soft and your clients are skittish, it is more important than ever that you provide superior customer service to put the lid on churn.
13. New Media. How can you be a complete consultant to your clients if you don't understand new advertising platforms like online, video on demand, and interactive TV? The focus here is on providing a strong background so salespeople can truly be consultative with accounts. Even if your system isn't offering this now, clients have questions. Your salespeople will want to stand out from the media crowd by having intelligent answers.
14. Goal-setting. A goal is just a wish till you write it down. The workshop culminates in the preparation of a plan that will be shared with each salesperson's manager and which will turn the ideas and exercises of the two days into actions.
Call Today to Schedule a Consultation with Barry Marketing & Media. 631.935.4854